Monday 5 May 2008

New Ring! (well sorta…)

I noticed this ring a few weeks back, and as I believe it’s been around a short while. It goes by the name of ‘AbandonMarch’ and it’s predominately a Czech / Slovak orientated ring, with a select few English-written sites on the listing.

It differs quite a lot from the good old ‘conventional’ rings we are used to – as it lacks the core foundations of the fundamental things, which we expect rings to have by default! Such as; an actual rules, update & join page. Instead each member is reliant on emailing the ring-master these details. I frantically searched every page and hovered over each word, to see if I was missing a trick here – to actually find where this fellas email address is; no luck though! Perhaps I’m not looking in the right places.. so no chance of a little Q&A with the webmaster for this article.

Apart from being a member of the AR, it has a member count of 19 members – which is quite an achievement in such little time, and also has an eye-candy look to it. Soothing colours, a nice font and an AP orientated site listing (in a way..) with miniature reviews of each site. Will this be the next big ring? You tell me..


PROS:

 Clean-cut design.
 Ratings & reviews
 multilingual


CONS


 Impossible to join.
 No updates whatsoever – just a listing.
 No rules stated.


Visit AbandonMarch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats the best ring I have seen since the Backlane, nice!!

Anonymous said...

I like it. Its fresh. Me and Mongys new site will join it.

Mongy and Diskys DiskWAR!

The Saint said...

I guess news about new rings isn't that gobsmacking these days...

Y'know - if the fella had a rules page and a join form, I wouldn't have a problem with joining. Finally found his email, emailed him - no reply.. Ah well..