Monday 21 June 2021

July 2003: Bobosama Interviews Bunnzy

Bobosama says: Thank you for agreeing to this interview. When did you first become involved with Abandonware? What was your first site?

Bunnzy says: I first became involved around.. 97 or 98... I was a lurker, looking for old games. I was too scared to talk to people online :-) My first site was BA [Bunnzy Abandonware], which started in 2000.

Bobosama says: When did you release version 2.0 of BA? Could you describe the original for us?

Bunnzy says: Version 2 was… mid 2001. It was first black and orange :-)

Bobosama says: Who were some of your first contacts in "the scene"? Which sites, webmasters and rings are you most fond of?

Bunnzy says: Fond of... aww. My first contact was sheppy. The people I am most of fond of are the people from #abandongames infinity-irc. But im pretty good friends with nearly everyone :-)

Bobosama says: BA aside, are there any sites or rings which have a special meaning to you?

Bunnzy says: Well, being over on AP is cool! And there are a few places that I have fond memories of that I wish were like they used to be. I guess I don’t have as much to do with abandonware forums or anything like I used to. Things in the http abandonware scene aren't like they used to be. In some ways they are better, in other ways they are not.

Bobosama says: I know what you mean :-)
What are your plans for the future?

Bunnzy says: For me or for my site?

Bobosama says: Both

Bunnzy says: BA will continue to live on. I don’t add many games, because im restricted, I would love to expand, but we just don’t have the facilities. I also like to keep it controllable, and gord and the small group of people that help me out are my angels. We'll keep it going. It’s what i know and love - abandonware. Myself, well... My mum has had her cancer cleared, so I can once again plan ahead for what I wanna do. I'm moving overseas in 6 months

Bobosama says: To where?

Bunnzy says: I have an on year around the world ticket, I can go wherever i want

Bobosama says: Stop by New York :-)

Bunnzy says: for sure. you can buy me a coffee :-)

Bobosama says: Haha, will do Bobosama says: Is there any title which means something to you? Such as your first game, etc.

Bunnzy says: I can’t remember my first game, but when I think of old games I think of Race! A game by Carl Erikson.. the game that i used to play with my cousins. Collecting spanners n stuff, crashing and burning. Those were the awesomest times of my life

Bobosama says: :-)
Bobosama says: On a closing note, what are your thoughts on EchoRing 4 and Bobosama's quest to revive it?

Bunnzy says: Stick with it. The abandonware scene needs growth. Things are never easy, but we all get there. and good for you :-)

Bobosama says: Thank you for the kind words. Good luck with Bunnzy Abandonware 3.0. See you in 6 months :-)

No comments: