Tuesday 13 July 2021

July 2003: Bobosama interviews Hanging

Bobosama: Hi, thank you for agreeing to this interview. First off, how did you come up with the nick hanGing?

hanGing: Right, get comfortable. when I first came into the scene I was known as jaznatas (jaz for short) - but I wasn’t really "known" - so I decided to search for a new nickname... The full nickname is hangingfromashotglass - a reference to alcoholism. I just shorten it for ease of use. Where I got it from - a song I wrote when I was 15 and drinking (im now sXe)

Bobosama: Interesting... what was the first website you ever participated in at the "scene"?

hanGing: first website I participated on was the reservatory for endangered games as a reviewer - before that I just lurked at the abandonware pub (when TUOL was nearly good)

Bobosama: What are your current projects and plans for the future?

hanGing: current projects - Well I now solely run AbandonRom Paradise and for the moment the emulation ring. I also act as an admin/owner at DaFastLane, and Admin at Tagalaxy. Outside Abandonware/Emulation... I contribute at www.evilpixie.co.uk and will soon be running a site for my band. Any other projects - well I'm always looking for things to do. (few things in works) - but as a web designer im a retard.

Bobosama: What year did you enter the scene and what are some of your favorite sites, rings and webmasters?

hanGing: ooh i think I entered the scene in 99... not quite sure. My fave site has always been HOTU; I loved the reservatory, as well as Turnips vegigarden (my entry to the scene in some ways) Ring - wise, I have to say The Emulation Ring don’t I And Echo ring and Aplaces as well As for webbies, erm I seem to get on best with Asher (aka Lunatic), Diskboy and Voh - but I have met a load of cool people in the scene... oh Iceman deserves a mention as well

Bobosama: Ah, yes, Asher, I remember helping him with LOG before he went off to Israel.

hanGing: we host it... well tagalaxy did i think... not sure... no thinking of Legendaarista

Bobosama: How would you describe the current state of Abandonware?

hanGing: Im not sure, I could describe it as "quiet" - nothing new happens. To be honest at the moment I concentrate more on the emulation side of things. The good thing about Abandonware is that new people are coming forward with a passion that’s needed to keep the scene going. I look forward to the day that I can be treated as a veteran (which in a way i am already)

Bobosama: What are your opinions on Echo 4.0 and Bobosama?

hanGing: I like echo 4.0 - very nice ring (as you can tell by the speed i joined it), as for Bobosama, I think that you're fishing for compliments.

Bobosama: Well thank you for your time. Big things are on the horizon from Bobosama in the future, keep your eyes peeled.

hanGing: I always keep an eye - especially to people that could be as good as me!

No comments: