Wednesday 28 May 2008

DFL back in business?!

This should of been posted waaaay earlier, but I was to hung-up on my gender-bender article to of posted it. So, after embarrassing myself in a comment made on this website directed to Tom/Knyght (AP, Anarchy) for which I must apologize (only if it is true..) it looks like DFL might be back on our screens very soon!

Y'see one day a couple of months ago, I was desperate to find an article from DFL - so I was typing random things into google and other alternative routes, for which I found DFL, but with a plethora of script-errors and domain-nameless - that doesn't bother me though, because if it smell like DFL and looks like DFL - it's DFL. About six weeks ago, I rang diskboy up - notified him of my discovery and tried to convince him to start it up and be a bit more active in the scene, to of which he (quite selfishly) implied that university work must come first in that instance (traitor to the scene) so I was quite disheartened. He had time to contemplate my noble words and has came to his senses.

I urge you to visit this link and throw your support by posting a comment. If your not quite sure why you should, just take a second to look in the news archive (plenty of dirt can be dished up on me from there - note to fans) and just admire the effort of not only the webbies but the fact it was a scene effort with the reviews & archives supplied.

An absolute masterpiece in my eyes. Lets show the guys that the scene isn't dead and we want DFL back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AbandonwareRing nor AP, to whom I submitted the site to, have accepted it. Even if the site ISNT being updated anymore, surely just being online with an archive as detailed as it has, with links back to the rings, should be enough to put it into the listing? Whats going on here??

Anonymous said...

I really used to enjoy visiting that site and keeping up with the scene.. When DFL went down was pretty much when I started losing motivation too..

Tom Carrick said...

To answer for AP... I don't have access to add new sites anymore (well I do, but I don't have the ftp dets to upload the images and so on (the backend was made before anyone had thought of, you know, uploading images through the script), and anyone who's used it will know how pathetic it is (as an example, it doesn't use sessions (at least not properly), so you have to re-login pretty much every time you want to do something.

Back to the point: I can't do it. Bunny, I think is busy lately. I haven't seen her around on IRC at all, etc. She will likely get around to it eventually.

It is a pain in the arse to add sites to AP, you need to cut up a decent thumbnail from the site, upload it, login to the system about five times, remember what you called the images so you can add it, bleargh.